Thursday, March 09, 2006

Business Modelling for SOA

I have developed an abstract business metamodel, which underlies the CBDI's approach to business modelling for SOA.






I have described some of the pieces of this approach in my recent articles for the CBDI Journal. It is also covered more comprehensively in the Business Modelling for SOA workshop I'm teaching for CBDI in association with Ameritas and Everware.

The emphasis is on understanding (from a business perspective) the potential decoupling of WHAT from HOW, in order to generalize the WHAT (which may be implemented as shared services) and differentiate the HOW (which may be implemented as one or more separate architectural layers).

That probably sounds a bit theoretical. I plan to describe a few examples in this blog, to show how it works in practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment